Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sister and Best of Friends



When Grace was born, Bryleigh was 9 years old (just a couple months short of 10 years old).  Many people asked if I thought Bryleigh would be jealous of her little sister.  Just as I predicted, Bryleigh has been nothing but happy to have her as a sister.  Bryleigh prayed so long for her that she couldn't be anything but thankful.  Not more than a few minutes can go my with out Bryleigh giving Grace kisses.  When Bryleigh gets home from school, Grace is the 1st person that she wants to see.  Bryleigh also likes to use this to her advantage.  Bryleigh will say that she can't clean because she has to feed Grace or Grace is crying so she has to get her.  It makes laugh.  Grace will never have to want for much in life with Bryleigh as her sister.  Bryleigh is always there to give her sister love, make her laugh, and cuddle with.  Bryleigh is so anxious for Grace to get bigger that she has been trying to teach her to walk since she was 3 weeks old.  I am happy with Grace staying as a baby, but I think that sisterly love will win out in the end.  Grace's shows amazing body strength.  She has for weeks know been putting her full weight on her legs and she is only 2 1/2 months old.  Now if she could just keep her little bobble head.
In July Bryleigh went to stay a few days at her Grandma's house.  I knew she was going to miss Grace, but was hoping that she would miss me as well.  Well when I went to pick her up Bryleigh literally pushed me out of the way and said, "Where is my Grace?"  I really couldn't have been happier to see that she loved her sister so much....although a quick hug or hello would have been nice too.  I know that as Grace gets older and gets more mobile that she might not as quick to want to spend time with her. For now I am going to cherish each and every moment that they spend absolutely adoring spending time together.  I feel so very blessed to have Bryleigh and Grace as daughters.  They both have such sweet spirits.  I know that they'll be a blessing to have in each others life just as by sisters and brother has been in mine.

Before Grace was born Bryleigh wanted to make big sis/lil sis shirts.  Bryleigh picked out the colors and  stamped them on.  As you can see they both looks adorable!