Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grace's Dramatic Entrance

Tuesday night, June 14th, I called Zoey in a panic.  Zoey thankfully came over to my house in a hurry. I was having a rough day because I hadn't felt Grace move anytime after 2:00 pm. After chatting with Zoey, we made the decision, for peace of mind, to head to the hospital. Brandon was sweet and said that we can leave Bryleigh with him while we were headed to the hospital.  I didn't call Tyler because he was at work and I didn't want to upset him because I thought it might just be me being a basket case again. This was about 9:00 pm.

Once hooked up to the monitors, Grace was moving like crazy, but I still couldn't feel her. The nurses noticed that I was having regular contractions, and thought it was most likely braxton hicks because I still couldn't feel them, and needed to be checked. (around 10:30 pm)


Talked to Tyler, but since we "knew" that we were going to be leaving in a half an hour, we asked him to pick up Bryleigh and put her to bed. It was all cool. He was cool, we were cool.


Anya & Zoey


Only dilated to a 1 (around 11:00 pm), the nurse and resident, continued the history (around 11:30) and thought that the itching without rash most likely wasn't PUPPS, but something else instead. They asked to do a blood panel to find out if they could tell why I was itching. (blood taken around midnight)

1:15am and we are still talking about how we wished that they would just hurry and discharge us. 1:30am, resident says that they need to run one more panel on my blood work because nothing was definite from first panel. This might give us more answers, may or may not need more blood to do this.

2:01 am. Nurse comes walking in and pulls open curtain. "You're going to have a birth day today." Anya, "Seriously?" Nurse says, "Yes. Within the hour."

2:02. Called Tyler.  Zoey told Tyler that he has to hurry his butt up there so that Anya can have the baby. His response? "Whatever." (He thought that Zoey was joking and going to be pulling into the driveway in the next minute.) Zoey told him that we were serious and that this is happening ... tonight ... within the hour. 


Madness in the room. Doctor, resident, 3 nurses, 1 anesthesiologist, 1 operating nurse, Anya and Zoey. We find out that I had HELLP syndrome, a variant of pre-eclampsia, and stands for the main findings: Hemolytic anemia, Elevate Liver enzymes, and Low Platelet count. It can be very serious of not caught early.

Tyler arrives. Gets dressed. 5 minutes later, they take me to the operating room. 2:38 am.




Tyler ready to go to the operating room.
From there there I was being prepped in the operating room by what felt like a small army.  Everything seemed like a dream.  Everything was happening so fast.  All the medicine that they had me on began to make sick. I had to ask for a barf bag.  Because I was numb from  my arms down it felt like I was drowning each time my body had to throw up.  I also began to shake uncontrollably.  Doctor said it was one of the side affects of the medicine I was on.  It felt more like I was having a seizure.  With as horrible as it felt, I just kept on telling myself that this was only but a moment to endure for a lifetime of memories.  Just a few more minuets to endure now.

By the time Tyler entered the operating room, the doctor had already began my incision for the c-section.  At 3:05 am on June 15,2011 Grace Naomi blessed us with her safe arrival.  I was able to get a quick look at my sweet baby before she brought to the NICU for observation.  Luckily she only had to be there for about 30 minuets. 



Grace in the NICU.

It wasn't long before I was finally able to hold my sweet baby.  Finally after 8 long years, my prayers were answered.  Welcome to the family Grace Naomi!


Grace Naomi Beauchat
6 pounds 13 ounces
20 inches long